So you want to know what’s been happening here for the last 2 weeks.
The new financial year has certainly started with a bang with sales on the site hitting the roof. Generally every new line that we try turns to gold, and here are a few examples from the last 10 days:
- 7000 pairs of sunglasses sold in under 24 hours
- 5000+ Steam Buddies sold in 7 hours last Sunday
- 7000+ pillows sold last Monday
This week we also launched into 2 new categories in a big way:
- Travel and Luggage with hundreds of suitcases flying out the door in the first hour alone (no wonder; we were dealing with the best brand – Antler).
- The Grocery Run made a debut on the site with sales probably equalling a launch of a new Aldi store (minus the pushing and shoving). Expect to see this one become a big monthly event!
And there’s more happy news!
- Scoopon.com.au has recently won the ORIA (Online Retail Industry Award) for the Emerging Star in Australian website category. Congratulations to the whole team for an unbelievable launch!
- Catchoftheday has last week been announced as one of the last 4 finalists in the prestigious ANZ BRW Private Business Awards. We are nominated in the category of fastest growing private business under $100M. Congratulations to us!
- Scoopon has just launched in the cities of Adelaide and Perth!
And with that all said, back to work everyone…