It’s been a momentous year at Catchofthday and Scoopon.
Many milestones have been reached and records shattered. We’d like to thank you for the success of this once humble site; now we are officially Australia’s no.1 dept. store and the most talked about shopping site.
It’s your word of mouth and loyalty that is driving all this forward. In return you can expect even bigger things from us next year. Every year the catches keep getting better and that won’t change in 2011.
Scoopon.com.au was launched in early April, and it is now the undisputed leader in the daily coupon scene. Scoopon now employs 25 individuals and is looking to continue the growth both in the Australian market as well as into the Asian market in early 2011.
Scoopon sells discounted coupons for services and fun things to do around your city. Last week alone Scoopon sold over 40,000 coupons saving Australians over $2 million. Wow!
The site was launched simply by announcing it to our ever growing database of 550,000 members. Imagine what will happen when we start advertising next year!
We know you all love numbers and stats, so here are some interesting figures from 2010:
- BRW Fast starters: no.3 Australia wide
- ANZ BRW Finalist: Fastest growing Australian private company
- Deloitte Technology Leadership Award
- Deloitte 500 fastest growing technology companies in Asia Pacific
- Best Father award – from my daughters on father’s day
- The Stats:
- Membership has grown to 550,000 members. 50,000 of them joined in November alone. Our members join simply because they like our deals and tell their friends about them.
- Sales revenue has grown by 130% this financial year. Good luck to all the old fashion retailers with their 1.1% annual growth.
- We receive around 100,000 unique visitors every day. On massive days we can have as many as 150,000 people logging in
- 80% of our visitors visit us more than 4 times a week (because they want to!)
- Over 8000 Mossimo branded apparel items were snapped up in 24 hours!
- Over 7000 sets of pearls were sold in a day
- 10,000 pillows were sold in 5 hours
- 330,000 Ferrero Rocher balls cleared out in a few hours
- 4000 pairs of shoes ran out the door just as quick
- 140,000 Supermax razors gone in a day!
- 15,000 Sennheiser headphones – boom!
- 70,000+ grocery items are sold on our monthly grocery run
- and the list goes on.
- Next year:
- Growth growth and more growth.
- In February 2011 we will be launching the much anticipated IBM Websphere site with Sage warehouse management system. IBM are the worldwide market leaders in ecommerce systems and this new system will provide us with much innovation and enough power to host the thousands of members joining us weekly.
- Catch will also be launching 2 new sister sites in fresh new categories in the first half of the year. More details to come!
Every day at noon it’s always heart-warming to see thousands of you online and eagerly awaiting the next Catch. It’s what keeps us working this hard, and we’ll be going even further next year. What else can we say? You love us and we love you back.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, from all of us at CatchOfTheDay.com.au! Drive carefully and celebrate responsibly!
PS. We also managed to move this massive operation to our new offices and warehouse in Moorabbin. Click here to see some photos and video!
The Scoopon team working hard:
Anees (Head of buying) – ‘working’
Carlo (Head of Design) – ‘Playing’ with some toys
The ‘oh’ so colourful Scoopon office:
See how busy our warehouse is shipping all of your orders:
Check out the hundreds of AusPost cages leaving our warehouse on a daily basis…
One of our hardest working warhouse packers, Tal:
Always on the go in the Catch warehouse!
Gabby (Director) searching for more bargains for all of our bargain hunting members!
Check out Cecilia (Buyer) enjoying our awesome ball chair at Catch HQ:
Our lovely accounant – Vitaly, enjoying life